Learn more about the Avis mission and values, corporate facts and history
Avis®, operated by Socoprosa S.A., is the #1 car rental company in Haiti. We offer our customers a wide selection of cars. Our facilities are equiped with a state of the art garage. Our skilled mechanics ensure that our cars are always reliable and in great condition.
At Avis Haiti, what we do best is Taking care of your transportation needs. Our courteous, efficient and experienced staff has been in the car rental business since 1983. We have three (3) offices strategically located throughout Port-au-Prince.
Our fleet contains compact, mid-size, and full size SUVs, and pickup; whether you are in the country for business or pleasure, we have a vehicle to better meet your needs. In fact, if you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for, call us and we’ll try harder
“We will lead our industry by defining service excellence and building unmatched customer loyalty.”
“We will ensure a stress-free car rental experience by providing superior services that cater to our customers’ individual needs…always conveying the ‘We Try Harder®’ spirit with knowledge, caring and a passion for excellence.”
- We will honor all commitments to our customers, employees and shareholders.
- We will conduct business with unwavering high standards of honesty, trust, professionalism and ethical behavior.
- We will communicate openly and frequently, sharing what we know, when we know it.
Respect for the Individual
- We will treat each person with whom we work with respect, professionalism and dignity.
- We will communicate expectations to employees, and provide honest and timely feedback on performance.
- We will embrace a diversity of ideas, cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds to enhance our promise and value to customers.
- We will provide career development opportunities for employees who show initiative, and performance results to help them individually manage their careers to maximize their potential.
- We will place the interests of our customers first.
- We will be dedicated to providing an individualized rental experience that assures customer satisfaction and earns the unwavering loyalty of our customers
- We will ensure that the “We Try Harder®” philosophy underlies everything we do and shines through in our service to customers.
- We will work as one cohesive team from the smallest unit to the organization as a whole.
- We will develop and retain leaders who continually raise the bar, provide direction, remove barriers and empower people to successfully accomplish goals.
- We will maintain a caring and supportive work environment that fosters a sharing of ideas, skills and resources.
Growth and Profitability
- We will be dedicated to continuous innovation and pursue new ideas and opportunities to accelerate profitable growth.
- We will deliver value in all we do to assure consistently high returns to our shareholders.
- We will recognize and reward excellent performance, which drives superior results.
- We will be active participants in our communities and encourage employee involvement in civic and charitable activities.
- We will be role model business leaders in the countries and communities in which we operate.
- We will develop and implement business practices consistent with safeguarding the environment.
View a timeline on the historical chronological events for Avis. When founded, our Wizard Program, and much more…
- 1946 – Avis is founded by Warren Avis at Willow Run Airport in Detroit with an $85,000 investment. This is the first car rental operation located at an airport. Soon after, facilities are opened at Miami Airport.
- 1953 – Franchise operations are begun in Europe, Canada and Mexico.
- 1963 – “We Try Harder.” advertising and marketing campaign makes its debut.
- 1972 - ITT spins off Avis as a public company. Wizard® is introduced, the first real-time information management and reservation system.
- 1973 – Avis is recognized as the market leader in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- 1989 – General Motors Corporation buys Avis stock; becomes a minority shareholder. Avis Europe is sold to Cilva Holdings, which is jointly owned by Lease International SA, General Motors Overseas Corporation and Avis, Inc.
- 2006 – Avis becomes Avis Rent A Car System, LLC.
- 2006 – Cendant Corp. is separated into four independent companies, Realogy, Wyndham Worldwide, Travelport and Avis Budget Group, Inc., which is now the parent company of Avis Rent A Car System, LLC.
- 2006 – Avis introduces ‘Cool Cars’, a collection of fun-to-drive vehicles that can be reserved by specific make and model
- 2006 – Avis debuts where2®, a portable GPS navigation system, in the United States
- 2006 – Avis becomes the first car rental company to offer electronic toll collection, by introducing eToll on the E-ZPassSM network.